Dear friends and other interesting creatures,
Some general news… after midnight… Just go with it.
* Can you believe at the end of June, I’ve been banting for a year!? Many kilograms and cm’s later, it is one of the best decisions I have ever made. I’ve reached the point where I can say *we* live a low carb lifestyle. I have never thought of it as a diet. Weird how the brain works.
* The scale has not been my friend lately but I’ve had a good week. Is better for my mental health not to weigh myself all day long, or I obsess terribly. Imagine PMS with a side dish of chili and a rainy camping holiday on a beach vacation with small children. Oh hell no!
* I’m coming out of a Fibromyalgia flair, with a side kick of excessive anxiety. I’ve tried my best to “slow down, don’t move so fast” (can you hear the adapted version of “Simon and Garfunkle”? *smile*) It has been a challenging time for me, and you truly do learn who your friends are.
* Sometimes I take one day at a time but I am that idiot that on great days, attack many days at once (never a great plan as you pay for it later!).
* I’ve shared quite a bit of discussion with fellow bloggers, readers of my blog and the companies, products, initiatives I have awesome relationships with, and I’ve had to acknowledge that while I’ve remarkably been able to keep a large section of faithful readers (some for all 19 years, way before we became Facebook friends!) there are new and exciting opportunities that my regular, sporadic readership and new followers will enjoy.
* It has been time to regroup, focus and commit (I must credit my husband for his vision here) and I’m excited about the future of my blog as well as my Social Media endeavours. You following me on Twitter right?
* I was involved in hosting an evening in collaboration with Buz PR at The Market Theatre for the extraordinary beautiful, raw and tender production of “Crazy In Love“.
We had an intimate Q&A afterwards with performers Andrew Buckland and Liezl de Kock, along with Directed Rob Murray.
* The legendary Market Theatre guys! It has been one of the highlights of my year. Total heaven! Imagine that. The honour, respect and pride I feel is overwhelming. Bridget and Christabel ( @BuzPR ) you have no idea how that little girl in red tap shoes danced in my heart that evening. The #JudyGarland in me is forever thankful.
* Couple of months later I was invited to host a coffee and cake morning at Cinema Nouveau! These are the very places I escape to and now they embraced me!! My beautiful daughter, Victoria and I had already been so fortunate as to have attended a press preview of “Serial (Bad) Weddings” and, being a serial bride myself, absolutely loved it. French with English subtitles. What could possibly make you feel more sophisticated? It was a hilarious movie btw. Again, a privilege. Thank you Janet and Cinema Nouveau! Can’t wait for the next one.
* The Cape has captured my heart in a big way and in the past year I have been privileged to visit every four months or so. I’ll be off to the mother city again for a little Social Media visit (more on that later) just after my #birthday #June13th #14forever to learn new things, experience exceptional places and keep growing. I will be tweeting all about it!
* I’m incredibly thankful for relationships expanding my horizons and the recognition of what I do online, who I am as a brand
and as a Wench!, that afford me the opportunity to live this loud! My appreciation is endless.
* I am beyond excited… I am going to The Grahamstown Arts Festival !!! My level of thrill, surprise and unbelievable gratitude is off the charts. This particular year is an incredibly meaningful one for me. I hope to write the post as to why, sitting in an exact spot in Grahamstown.
* @SirNoid I obviously cannot do this without your 100% backing! Thank you for rehashing ideas and thoughts, being a sounding board wiping tears and encouraging me to fly. Love you so lots.
* Thanksgiving and huge gratitude to my lovely hairdresser who has become a dear friend, Judy from Ultimate Hair, who endulges my ever hair whim!
* I am passionate about supporting small businesses as it takes guts, determination and endless hard work to start, grow and flourish. Judy is exceptionally well priced, located near Cresta Shopping Centre and you feel like a million bucks when you leave.
* Judy never pushes products like I have found in the big salons. It makes me very uncomfortable. While I use salon products, it was I who asked Judy about the range on display. That is one thing I loathe. Having products pushed onto me. Same in beauty salons. If I want something, I’ll ask!
* Please do like Ultimate Hair’s Facebook page. I know it will make Judy smile. ☺
* My Victoria turns 16 soon and already I’m thinking…. How ever does the mother of the bride cope!!! ….. and literally all we have done so far is look at cakes. In our house 10, 13, 16 and 18 are BIG birthdays… after that you on your own! Ha ha!!
* My own birthday… #June13th #14forever #birthday has presented some unexpected adventures of its own. My friends, life is unpredictable and there is always light in darkness. Always. Will blog my annual birthday dream gift list soon. It’s tradition!
Hey… after midnight, well, it’s 2am…. Jani Allen and I have a reading date.
I wish you enough,
Posted to WordPress from the Galaxy of Samsung from the second cloud on your left.