As you should know, I’ve been ill for some time now. My employer has been fantastic – supportive, loving, graceful and understanding.
In the weeks to come I am to find a pain management system that works for me, mild exercise that I can cope with, loose 15kgs by the end of the year is my goal to help my joints cope in carrying me around, and get to a place where emotionally, mentally and physically I am once more a productive, well-rounded person (woman, wife, mother, friend and employee) but just LESS ROUND. It is my wish to return to work, if at all possible, if not, there must be another purpose in life for me.
So now and then I will give you an update as to how I am doing during the next 120 days. 🙂
1 September 2011 – Day 1
Today I had no carbs and no sugar. I did have the low-fat etc yoghurt and I don’t like yoghurt to be truthful, fruit, a chicken breast and vegetables for dinner. 2 liters of water and a cup of rooibos tea with sweetener (an acquired taste I don’t love) with little milk. Massive headache. This process is harder than I recall when I was training for the Whale Trail and worked so hard to lose weight, gain strength and fitness. Good mobility today, body not stiff when I woke up. Pain , beside headache, manageable with necessary medication. A good day.
2 September 2011 – Day 2:
I did good with fruit & yoghurt. Didn’t drink all my water, but didn’t do badly. Exhausted. Headache, but better than yesterday. Over did it with pork sosaties
for shabbas, basic green salad with haloomi and mushroom. Not all that diet perfect but better than I have been doing in the past months.
3 September 2011 – Day 3:
Yoghurt and fruit… fruit… fruit… water (but not enough). Had to go to the shop and although I was out an hour, I felt finished, tired. It was horrible at the shops, hundreds of things I saw that I wanted to eat…. really, really, really hard not buying just a small something. I guess I should feel proud of me for that. Planning on tuna salad for supper. Hips most painful today and I think I am getting a sinus something.
- Poor Noid is man down with tight chest, flue type symptoms – must be bad if he saw a doctor.
- I owe you a post about our picnic surprise.
- I also need to blog about my brand new car… Thousands of Yay!!!
- I am finding not being allowed on to work FRUSTRATING.
- I have a pile of magazines and books next to my bed I wanna read.
- Our house is just wonderful. I love it… but I haven’t found a place to put the medicine’s yet, as you know I am a walking pharmacy.
- I am almost done setting up my home PC Noid bought me for my birthday as my primary PC…. struggling a bit to get my mweb calendar to speak to my Black Berry.
- I already bought my diary for next year. It’s small and has quotes.
- I read a quote today that made me long to be in the Drakensberg: “Great things are done when men and mountains meet. This is not done by jostling in the street.” – William Blake
I wish you enough,