Dear friends and other interesting creatures,
The South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind will be hosting their Gala Variety Concert at the Auto & General Theatre on the Square on Sunday, 24 August 2014.
The sought-after annual event has drawn together many of the finest entertainers for a music and comedy extravaganza.
The star-studded line-up will be truly historic, with more leading performers this year on one stage, than ever before.
There will be two shows only: 15h00 and 18h30.
The stars of the show have kindly given of their time and talents free of charge, and the entire proceeds of ticket sales will benefit the S.A. Guide-Dogs for the Blind.
To add to the generous spirit, Daphne Kuhn is proud to host the event at the Auto & General Theatre on the Square, with their amenities, staff and services also provided pro bono.
Producing the sensational concerts will be Chet Diepraam. “Using the same winning concepts of the Leading Ladies and Leading Men extravaganzas at the same theatre, we will treat Joburg audiences to the most remarkable line-up of entertainment variety never before seen on local stages,” adds Chet. “The finest available, some established and some new, performing their signature, show-stopper numbers, for one day only! It’s to be a concert that the discerning Jo’burg public dare not miss!”
- Michael de Pinna (Director of the show, Master of Ceremonies, funny man of Yebo Gogo fame, singer, screen and stage actor, Twilight of the Golds) assisted by choreographer Cary-Lee Cunningham;
- Samantha Peo (Award winning performing artist for roles including Chicago, Cabaret and Aspects of Love)
- Keith Smith (Hello Dolly, Aspects of Love, Egoli)
- Kate Normington (Mama Mia, Phantom of the Opera, Hairspray, Menopause the Musical, Tomfoolery, Two in the Bush)
- Carly Graeme (Mamma Mia, We Will Rock You, Starlight Express, Boys in the Photograph)
- Cat Simoni (local and international singer and pianist whose shows include Cat on a Hot Black Steinway, Cat’s American Songbook and tributes to Barbra Streisand and Ella Fitzgerald)
- Timothy Moloi (Velvet voiced star that performs with big orchestras, recently the genie in Aladdin)
- Cito (Front man of Wonderboom, also lead in Queen at the Ballet and Jesus Christ Superstar)
- Brenda Sakellarides (The Sound of Music, King and I, Menopause, and director of Youth Ballet)
- Kiruna Devar (Lead in Sweet Charity and star of Leading Ladies concert, top achiever at the NSA)
- Fiona Ramsay (Iconic actress and singer, with film credits that include Hotel Rwanda, Bang Bang Club)
- Tony Bentel (pianist and entertainer extraordinaire, also of Doo Bee Boobies fame)
- Helen Desbois (SAMA nominee and MTN Radio Award winner, We Will Rock You)
- Holly Diamond, aka Neil Holland (One of The Dreemz drag trio, better than Celine Dion herself)
- Claudia Monja from the Joburg Ballet will grace the stage with a dance extract from “The Dying Swan”
There will also be special guest artist appearances by legends of SA stage and music.
- Annabel Linder,
- Des & Dawn Lindberg;
- Miro Chakaryan (Concert Master and First Violinist of the JPO) will set the tone for the show in the foyer with his magical violin!
Daphne Kuhn, director of The Auto & General Theatre, enthused “We are excited to host some of SA’s finest and most known artists, all rallying together for this fundraiser for the SA Guide-Dogs for the Blind.”
Parking is available at the Mandela Square or Sandton City Parkades.
There will also be raffle, with a new car as first prize.
Tickets for the spectacular variety concert are R250 and can be obtained from www.strictlytickets.com or call 082 553 5901.
Follow the SA Guide-Dogs for the Blind on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram ; and the Auto & General Theatre on Facebook and Twitter.
I wish you a giving spirit,
Comment, Like and Share – please. :)