31 Things people don’t know about me:
1. I am Geographically Impaired: I can get lost while in possession of a map, written directions, cell phone and GPS – all at the same time. Yes, this is a legitimate medical condition, or so I am convinced, that urgently needs research funding to find a cure.
2. I am not a girly-girl but I love Pink: Strangely enough, with all my tomboyish tendencies, I am crazy about pink – pink shoes, pink shirts, pink in my hair…Just Pink…potent Pink!
3. I have a talent for hitting curbs: Driving over, against, and onto curbs is just one of my special gifts.
4. I love strangers: I prefer meeting, talking to, and listening to strangers…Their experiences, points of view, and plans.
5. My happy place is Lize-land: A realm where all the characters that live in my reality peacefully exist in a functional society.
6. I have seven and a half voices in my head: These belong to characters (which incidentally reside in Lize-land), that systematically come into existence on the pages of my books as the main character. (The half-voice belongs to a teenager – just in case you were wondering). – Hope I don’t only have 8 books in me.
7. I prefer sitting to the left of someone: When I need to be seated next to a person, I am more comfortable being on their left.
8. My favourite number is 25: In my opinion, 25 is the most beautiful and complete number that exists.
9. Mathematics nauseates me: When I need to work with numbers; add, subtract, multiply, etc. I get nauseated – even when I hear or see others doing it…ugh! (Even now when I’m writing about it)
10. Every 7 years, I get injured on my birthday (Except when it’s Friday the 13th): This is a proven fact! On my 7th birthday, I broke my arm. On my 14th birthday, I fell off my bike and hit the pavement hard. On my 21st birthday, I broke my wrist. When I turned 28, nothing happened (Friday the 13th). The year I turned 35, I severed my Achilles tendon – this didn’t happen on my birthday…but still, really?!
11. I love Country Music: I could listen to only Country Music for the rest of my life and die happy!
12. I think life should be a Musical: I would be ecstatic if people spontaneously burst into song and dance as if it were normal.
13. Very bad with detail: Predominantly in everyday life, especially when it comes to people’s hairstyles. I would not notice if someone with long hair suddenly cut it extremely short, or someone dramatically changed their hair colour.
14. I believe that when your ears tweet your brain is resetting itself: The tweeting sound your ears sometimes make is just the process of your brain getting rid of its RAM.
15. I have a very bad memory: I sometimes struggle to remember what I did the day before. When someone asks me if they have told me something already, I just generally say ‘no’ to be safe – because even if they had, there is a distinct possibility that I won’t remember anyway.
16. I absolutely love beer: And as I’ve recently discovered, I love Lager! Except for water, my drink of choice is Castle!
17. I get Goosebumps and tingly all over when I pass a theatre: Stage productions are the coolest thing the human race could have invented.
18. I was diagnosed with Hypertension (High Blood Pressure) when I was 8 years old: This diagnoses happened accidentally and I am thankful every day that it was discovered and I am still alive.
19. My car is always dirty: When my car gets washed and cleaned it is a celebration among my friends.
20. Huge fan of quotes: People’s ability to express or in inspire with just a few lines is absolutely amazing to me. One of my favourite quotes is;
“There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” – Shakespeare, Hamlet.
And one of my favourite personal quotes is:
“Stop following your dreams and catch up to them.”
21. I can spell my name on a calculator: 3217 (Made you tilt your head, didn’t I?)
22. I don’t like shopping: A store is a shop is a store… Except for toy shops! Love toy shops!
23. I love balls: This sounds weird, I know… But should anyone ever wonder what present to get me; balls! Stressballs, rubberballs, beanbagballs, soccerballs, basketballs, rugbyballs, etc. etc. etc.
24. I get super excited when I see Playing Cards in shops: I love the look, feel, and smell of Playing Cards…I just do!
25. I love wristwatches: Although I don’t really wear them anymore, I love wristwatches; especially a sexy watch on a man…
26. My favourite outfit is a denim, t-shirt, and tekkies: I have recently started to experiment with turning this outfit of choice into an actual look that could reflect my personality better. Make it different, make it me!
27. My favourite smell is wet concrete: Don’t think I need to expand on this.
28. I don’t like ice-cream: About every 8 months or so, I would get a craving for ice-cream and eat a Magnum, and then I am so over it!
29. I love Romance in stories: Whether it happens in books or movies, I love clever interesting Romance; especially when it is coupled with banter-battles.
30. I believe characters are real: Once a character is created, they exist, and all you need to do is listen and follow their story, attempting to comprehend what they try to convey to the best of your ability.
31. I have a very bad memory: Have I mentioned this? Can’t remember…
Facebook: Lize Jacobs Books
Dear friends, family and other interesting creatures,
During the month of August I have contacted a few woman and asked them to share some of their stories Subject choice is up to the writer and I trust you will enjoy this introduction to the special females on my various platforms. If you want to be part of this series, mail me firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy Woman’s Month!
I wish you enough,