30 great things I’m grateful for – in absolutely no particular order of preference, except the first two.
1. My children – for the funny, the quirky, the challenging, the enduring, the different, the surprising, the everything … especially the love!!
2. My man – for his patience and his steadfast permanence, mostly when he has no clue what I’m doing (which is most of the time)!
3. Glitter (obviously!) – all colours, all the time!
4. Toast (ya – I guess that was obvious too!) – preferably rye toast, especially on cold winter mornings, with melted butter … mmmmmmmm!!!
5. My book Tribe
6. My doglets, Phoebe and Chandler
7. Tea & Coffee – such a confusing conundrum being a lover of both!
8. Notebooks – ring-bound ones
9. Actually, most stationery! I love stationery!
10. Living in a country where we have the freedom to practice what we
believe in, and to support others who might feel that this isn’t the
11. Being privileged to watch incredibly talented SA performers on-stage on a
regular basis. I don’t think people realise what amazing home-grown
talent we have in our country – they’re so busy criticising anything
12. Things we don’t even think about – the roof over our head, running water, electricity, clothes, shoes – that others only dream of.
13. Pain-free days. For anyone who suffers from any type of ‘invisible’ condition, where your pain is practically unbearable, so you just pop those pills and suffer in silence, you’ll know what I mean!!
14. My mom still being able to travel over from the UK to spend time with us.
15. The fact that we can all help anyone, change anyone’s life for the better, in an instant, at anytime (to paraphrase Anne Frank).
16. Google Maps (especially when I’m in Cape Town – sorry, telling me to ‘just look for the mountain’ doesn’t actually work for me!!!!)
17. Music that inspires me
18. Getting a good night’s sleep (rare, oh, so rare!!)
19. The incredible inspiration I get, and all the amazing, insightful things I learn from the diverse group of people I get to call my friends, both online and in real-time.
20. Emily – without her, our home and our lives wouldn’t actually operate … at all!!!
21. Soup – in all and any weather.
22. John Frieda Frizz-Ease Shampoo & Conditioner
23. Sweet peas in summertime – my favourite flowers
24. Work that fulfills and rewards.
25. Books, books, books, and more books!
26. My Kindle
27. My Cellphone
28. Garlic Bread
29. Lindor Balls
30. Lip Balm