Dustin is the largest of the freight cars, a large hopper. Sometimes he carries gravel and sometimes he carries aggregates. He’s the largest, but he’s also very self-conscious of his size, so he’s cutely quiet and shy. Dustin also dreams of being a great racer, but because of his size, no engine wants to take him. He’ll just slow them down. Dustin does not really have a song to himself either, but he does have a song he sings counterpoint to Rusty.
Weslee was kind enough to answer a few questions for Da Wench:
1. Describe Weslee in three words.
Just three? Hehe… (PS. I would have said exactly that – Wenchy!!!)
Humorous. Intelligent. Perseverant.
2. What was your first job in theatre?
First Professional job? As Ensemble in “Buddy. The Buddy Holly Story” at the State theatre.
3. What is your personal greatest challenge in your role as Dustin in #StarlightExpressSA ?
Finding Dustin’s physicality, because I didn’t want to do anything stereotypical.
4. Will you ever wear a pair of skates again after hours and hours of #StarlightExpressSA – for fun!?
OF COURSE!!!! I’m wearing them right now.
5. How do you personally measure success?
In the consistency of result.
6. What do you do for amusement?
Eat, read, retail therapy, play Xbox, tease my best friend, sleep, watching series and researching interesting ideas on the web.
7. What is your favourite meal?
Toughie,… food is my favourite meal, but if had to choose, I’d say curry (any curry).
8. Please share a fun fact that most people don’t know about you?
I’m not fat; it’s actually a body suit. LOL
9. What would be the ultimate role to play?
Uhm, at the moment: Hedwig in “Hedwig and the angry inch”
10. What has been both the best and worst day in your life? Yip, same day.
The worst day is behind me and the best day is yet to come.
As I rush off to the theatre, let me just thank Wesley for taking the time to answer my questions and for being such a treat in person and fabulous in the show. I am now a fan… but more a stalker….
Tickets for Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber‘s Starlight Express can be purchased by visiting the theatre online, or contacting the ticketing call centre on 0861 670 670. It is an awesome family show!!!
I wish you enough,Wenchy